Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been looking at the Grimm Reaper and Sparticus tires for my 2010 Brute 750i. (although I am leaning towards the Zillas....) They only come in limited sizes for the 26" height. Specifically, 26x10x12 (F) and 26x12x12 (R). Does anyone out there have experience with trying out these sizes on the BFs? I measured the distance between my OEM "tire" and the gas tank encasement and it looks to be tight. Will I need wheel spacers??

·
Registered
24 Posts
One way to know really quick is to check the tire size of your stock tires and compare them to the new tire size. If the middle number of the stock tire size - example if your tires are 27x10x12 and the stock tires are 24x10x10 - in this case both middle numbers (the 10's) match so they would fit without rubbing.

In this example however the last number of each sequence does not match. One is the 12 and the other is a ten. These numbers are your rim size. The bigger tire (taller, same width, on a larger rim) requires a 12" rim while the stock tire sits on a 10" rim.

In any event, its a really quick way to see if your new tires will rub.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know what the stock tires are. Most of the BFs come with 25x8x12 (F) and 25x10x12 (R)... That being said, larger tires will work with the quad but if you go too much wider a person will need wheel spacers. And for your example the larger diameter wheels of the same width will not necessarily fit; things like wheel sweep must be considered for the fronts as not only do they travel vertically but horizontally due to the steering motion and travel distance vs your new heights on the rears for running over rocks and ruts and such out there.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but on my 05BF the front seems narrow to me and a bit sketchy on down hills and down hill turns does anybody else seem like a issue to them and wouyld you reccomend wheel spacers in front just to widen the stance a bit.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, Diablo, you could just try changing out the tires if you still have the stock ones on. They have pretty soft shoulders and are prone to flexing during turns. I swapped out the stocks for Executioners on my old unit (wider by 1" also, by the way) and that made a world of difference with the handling. If you have aftermarket wheels on it already and it still feels top heavy on turns, yeah, you can try some wheel spacers and see if it makes a difference. Remember, adding 1" spacers actually add 2" to you overall width. Also, keep in mind where you ride, though. A lot of the trails I ride on around here can be a bit tight; just widening overall more than an inch or two eliminates my ability to get between some of the trees out there!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts