Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of putting some smaller wheels and tires on a p700. it will be for ice racing. i have a set of rear wheels from a v force. just need to know what sport bike wheels will fit on the front. i would assume the ones the can am renegade guys are using would work. at unidilla the renegades were slamed to the ground with sport bike wheels. matt i may need those studded tires i gave you back for a triel run:p

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
I ran 22" tires all the way around on my quad. At first, I used stock V-force wheels tires on the rear. For the front, I used Douglas rims made to fit the old bayou 300 or 400 and 22" stock tires from a Honda Recon. The front Douglas rims were 11"...it was an odd size and so I didn't have many tire choices. I didn't use 10" rims on the front b/c I think they would rub the front break calipers. I later changed the tires and put 22" gators on them...they hooked up great in the mud!

Here's a pic of my old 22" tire set-up.

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
a few more pics...

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
I sold all 4 tires and rims to a guy in Arkansas (I think his screen-name was doc-something or something doc). I think he has them for sale last time I heard from him (about a year ago).

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
lol that just looks odd... looks like a battery powered atv from walmart :p

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
It looked a little odd, but it handled GREAT in the tight woods! I used them in some of my XC races and I could tell a big difference in how fast I was in the tight woods. The only downsides were that I lost some ground clearance and it made for a much rougher ride over the bumpy stuff (less side-wall cushion). Surprisingly, I only lost 1 mph top-speed with those tires...they were light weight, so I guess that made up for the loss of gearing.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
yeah, no doubt it handled great. that would be a interesting setup to have, a lot of fun i bet!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info mike. i have a bunch of sport tires here to use so thats why i would like the 10 inch wheel.

any one know what the renegade factory guys are running in the front?

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
Only way you will get a smaller rim on the front is if you remove the calipers. I am pretty sure anything less then 12" has to have the calipers removed.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
There are 23" kenda klaws availible to fit on 12" rims, they should work quite well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts