Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A steering stabilizer(stick type) for my 09 bf 750

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Ebay for one.
The Gibsons are going for $159 shipped, it ia a 7-way adjustable, rebuidable stabilizer, other places have different brands at slightly lower prices.
Order for a: Yamaha YFZ450

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankk you thats what i couldnt find was one that i wanted to a brute forcee

·
Registered
652 Posts
Who's had to rebuild one??

I'm looking at getting one too so -- seriously - who's had to rebuild a steering stabilizer so far- and if so how many miles did you have on it before it started leaking or needing a rebuild? I see the non-rebuildables are about $30 cheaper. And how much are the kits if you had to rebuild the Gibson?

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
The kits run around $25. I had 1000 miles on the 08BF750 with the Gibson Stabilizer mounted, used for just trail riding. As long as the Stabilizer is mounted correctly and no binding of the unit and you are NOT racing the Brute on a track, then the Stabilizer should last for some time before a Rebuild is needed. I guess it all depends on what type of terrain you ride in plus if any water/mud is a issue too. Here where I live No mud at all, so the seals on the Stabilizer have been fine, along with every other seal on the BF.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The Yam YFZ450 stabilizer is a direct bolt on. I found a guy that had one race on his, and bought it. He went to the $500 Precision Racing stabilizer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts