Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 750i and I blew all the gears out in the front diff carrier I need all four spider gears but I am having issues finding different sources for parts other than dealer are there and websites offering spider gears for front diff and maybe a new carrier mine is cracked on one side ? Someone has to know something I've searched for hours and have seen numerous folks with broken front diffs.

·
Registered
470 Posts
No one makes aftermarket diffs for Brutes. The dealer is the only source. You can figure $100 per gear to replace them. That is why used diffs go for so much. Even buying a used one is a crap shoot. You have no idea what that diff has been through.

Best bet is to go ahead and buy new OEM gears. The carrier you can find in the For Sale section here in the forums or Ebay.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
i get all my oem parts from www.dealercostparts.com, you do not have to be a dealer to buy from them ,they advertize 40%off dealer prices ,an so far that has appeared to be fairly close

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ive never seen a front diff with as many issues as these ones on the brutes. I didnt realize they were such a weak point.

I have some parts from a wrecked diff, and if you look back a little in the classifieds there is another guy that has a diff for parts as well. IF you want to go the used route.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
While your in there,do the spider shaft mod - it helps oil reach the spiders where the spiders ride on the shaft.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ! I got on the dealercostparts website and it looks like 390 shipped for spider gears bevel gears and carrier

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks ! I got on the dealercostparts website and it looks like 390 shipped for spider gears bevel gears and carrier
how does that compare to what the dealer wants for same parts

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I ordered my parts today and the difference between dealer and the website was actually 105 dollars I ordered the 2 spider/2 bevel gears and lh case for the gears $420 on dealercostparts and $525 at dealer

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
they advertize 40% but your fiqures only come to 20%, but i guess thats better than a kick in the arse

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea for sure best i could find any money saved sounds great to me! 100 bucks i can put towards snorkels or a fuel controller
:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts