Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
RJMJR,
‘Have you ever connected backup lights off the transmission reverse switch through a relay circuit to power LED cube back up lights mounted in a rear bumper? I saw a couple of applications in the Kawasaki mule pro - smart book that claim ( if done properly) will not fry the ECM & will work properly when in reverse.
Are you aware of this book/application & if so, Do you endorse this application?
I looked at the Kawasaki Mule Pro - Smart Book. I like any of the relay methods; page 15, 16, or 17, better than just splicing into the ground wire to the reverse switch.

If using the optional switch shown on page 17, I would add a diode. See my previous post #23.

Man i was half way thou this tread and was thinking the Whole time im going to post the MuleBook pdf, then Wayla already done, thanks Jeremy! I would like to buy the man or men or woman who put that together and buy them a few cold drinks!! have used it multiple times for a few small add on's ive done and Going to do! Plus having all the Wiring schematics is Awesome

Man i was half way thou this tread and was thinking the Whole time im going to post the MuleBook pdf, then Wayla already done, thanks Jeremy! I would like to buy the man or men or woman who put that together and buy them a few cold drinks!! have used it multiple times for a few small add on's ive done and Going to do! Plus having all the Wiring schematics is Awesome
I looked at the Kawasaki Mule Pro - Smart Book. I like any of the relay methods; page 15, 16, or 17, better than just splicing into the ground wire to the reverse switch.

If using the optional switch shown on page 17, I would add a diode. See my previous post #23.
Thanks Zebrafive! I will use one of the relay options & update this thread when finished.

Bigfish, did you happen to view the PDF in my first post on this thread. It shows the three places that Kaw provides for Plug and Play into the 12v circuits.

1) Front - Left side of the front area (Female Spade Connectors). "Horn Accessory" is a Brown/Yellow wire with 12v @ Ignition on from Fuse Box 1, Fuse #5, the 20A Light Fuse. You can plug directly into Ground on the right side up front to the Black/Yellow Horn Button Accessory wire.

2) Front - Center of the front area (Female Barrel Connectors). "Accessory Terminals Front" is a Brown/Red wire with 12v @ Ignition on from Fuse Box 1, Fuse #3, the 15A Accessory Fuse Front. There is also a Ground there - Black/Yellow.

3) Rear - Right rear area along the frame (Female Spade Connectors)." Accessory Terminals Rear" is a Brown/White wire with 12v @ Ignition on from Fuse Box 1, Fuse #4, the 15A Accessory Fuse Rear. There is also a Ground there - Black/Yellow wire.
Hello, This is great information, but I purchased a brand new 2020 mule pro fxt and I'm trying to install a winch. Those two wires (Brown / Red and Black / Yellow) are absent. I've looked all over the front hood area and I can't find them anywhere. Any ideas on where a 12v ignition source would be?

Still learning about my Mule and getting ready to add some accessories. Last night I was looking in the front compartment with a flashlight and found a couple open wire ends I hadn't seen before! I had to reach around the wire panel and push/pull them through the hole in the top/center of it. These two wires are designated as "Accessory Terminals Front" in the wiring diagram. One wire is Black/Yellow (Ground) and the other one is Brown/Red which is 12V @ Ignition on from Fuse Box 1, Fuse #3, 15A, the Accessory Fuse (Front). Because it was just dumb luck that helped me find them and, I have never heard anyone mention them, I thought I'd do another version of the Wiring Diagram adding the locations where Kawasaki put wire ends that we can use to connect accessories. This should be of some help to newbies like me that don't have someone nearby that can point out these locations. :laugh: Cheers,
This is an awesome diagram do you happen to Know where I can find the same thing for an 800 teryx 4s

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.