Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy some FST Stage 2 - Stage 3's or some Old Fundy Trail and some Old Fundy Race cams. Help me decide.

I am wondering what is the better cam to run, I am trail riding and doing some drag racing. Will be running off the shelf wiesco pistons 11.5 in my V. I am kinda leaning towards the Fundy Race cams or Stage 3's. Which is best option to go with? What kinda HP range will I be looking at with this setup, I am wanting most I can get :D? Oh will be running stock carbs, crossovers and Muzzy pipe.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
I have run several of the Fundy cams, and the stage 3's.... I really like the old fundy trail cams... I have always wanted to try the old fundy race cams. The stage 3's are great cams too. They have tons of top end...

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Old Fundy trail cams are wicked in the woods.

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
The Stg2's are torque monsters. Stg3's, in my opinion, come on later in the revs, but have more top end power. If I had to do over again, I would still run the Stg 2's.

With unmodified stock carbs, stock intakes, stock filter, stock valves, stock cdi, a 6 degree key and HMF duals, I dino'ed 57 or 58 (can't remember exactly) I did take a dremmel tool to the intake ports just to clean up the casting marks. You'll probrably pick up a couple hp with the cross over intakes and Muzzy's.

I like the stg2's so much, I have a modified set for my drag V project.

I don't have any experience with Fundy cams.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is there a link to learn more about the FST Stage 2 cams??

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Like to read more about those stage 2 cams, what kind of lift and duration?

·
Registered
930 Posts
CWR MACH 3's 418 lift lobe center 106 duration 262 intake 258 exhaust. Hands down best all around. I trail ride them in my brute and drag race them also. They have been pretty fast compared to the others. They have been 8.2 on motor in 1/8 asphalt & 7.40 NOS That's full 660 lb. machine and me 260lb.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I second that on the Mach 3 418 cams. They kick ass!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Greg sells some great stuff, bought parts from him for the Mojave 250

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Don't think the CWR was one of his choices. Seems to be a good general mild use cam.
The old Fundy race cam is also a great all around performer

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.