Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to do my 1st ever top-end. I have a 87 and 89, 250 Mojave. I have been seeing a lot of pistons on e bay, which one is better? Wiesco, High Performace, Namura, Athena??? Also, what should I look for when I remove the original piston? Should I bore it out or not? Also, is this hard to do? Anyone have any advice or tips? Anything will help, I never even changed the oil on a ATV! I have taken my quad to shops and they want to charge me $600 to do a top end! I just can't afford that! I have 2 Mojave's that have the same problem, it's the way I bought them. Both quads still turn over. I will take all the advice I can get. Thanks to all of you for help. And any suggestions on gaskets?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have used Namura and wiseco, Both work great but i'm more of a namura person because they are great piston's and they also sold a whole top end kit for my bike cheaper than just a wiseco piston

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
I have an overbore Wiseco piston kit with a matching cylinder ready to bolt on I will sell you cheap. Piston kit along with the cylinder to match for 85.00. Pm me if you want it. I can ship out asap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.