Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 BF 750i, I want to get the crankcase an topend rebuilt. The crank I want all OEM parts an top end I want JE pistons. Looking for someone to send the motor to an rebuild it, I have the motor pulled. It was flooded out with water. Just let me know ppl, places, names, numbers, an websites. Thank you for help!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
DSC will rebuild it also. He has a standard bore kit and uses stock cranks when he does a motor. He's on mimb as a vendor. His names dale and he's a great guy to talk to. Big kev also has a good kit and even though I haven't talked to him, I heard he's a good guy to deal with. Another source is wbm, Webb brothers motors. They have re manufactured motors ready to go or they'll rebuild yours for you. Fundy, AMR and four stroke tech all have kits for these and are comparable builders. Lots of choices when it comes to the kawasaki v twins.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
Since it was flooded and water/dirt did a job on the bottom end, I would consider NOT going with the "standard bore" advice above, unless a reputable shop can verify that the bores are perfect. If it was mine, I would absolutely be boring/replating or boring/sleeving the bores.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Like stated above. Be on the safe side and bore/sleeve the cylinders. It will not cost you that much more.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I see you're in Greenville... I can rebuild it and have a shop in Flowood MS(Shane's Powersports) I used to work with Flynt a long time ago but have had my own shop for several years.

I can do whatever you want to a kawasaki v-twin. 9 times out of 10 the cylinders are fine but obviously I'd have to look at them to be certain. Engines do come with warranty for customers peace of mind but I've done countless and have yet to have one returned with an issue.

If you're interested just give me a call at 601-415-7336 - Shane.

·
Registered
930 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
you should possibly go with big kev's brute force 840 kit and its the same price as the standard bore kit $925, by the way he is very good to deal with no problems so far

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
The kit may be the same price but the boring and plating or sleaving will cost you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts