Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and seen KISS in concert in Portland last night. This was the first time I have seen them live. I had tickets 30 years ago, but they cancelled it. So it took me 30 years, but I finally got to see them.

I gotta say, that was probably the Best concert I have ever been too. Those guys put on a SHOW!

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
dude....its 2009 :lol:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I never had the privilege. :eek:

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dude....its 2009 :lol:
I know, but regardless, it was still Awesome. Buckcherry opened for them, and they were good too. There were 4 generations of people there. Everything from 6 to 60+ year olds.

I never had the privilege. :eek:
I didn't get that close to them. :rolleyes:

For me, paying to see a live performance, I want to be entertained. I was.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I saw KISS in San Diego in 1974 when the were nobody, again in 1979 when they were huge and again in 2004. Last time I saw them, they still had Peter Criss on drums but Tommy Thayer (who is from the Portland area) had replaced Ace Frehley which I thought might suck, but they didn't miss a beat. I've been a big KISS fan for 35 years and they always put on a great show. Some people goof on them, but they do kick some ass for being old farts. How is the Rose Gardens parking? I am going there Sunday.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those "Old farts" performed Non-Stop for 2 1/2 hours straight. Played all their old classics as well as some new stuff from the new CD. Like I said, Very entertaining.

The parking garage is pretty good. They got us out of there fast.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I agree with ya about that being one of the best shows! I got to see em back in 99 or 00 on one of their "farewell tours". Skid row and uncle Ted opened. I think there were 2 semis full of pyrotechnics just for that one show! It is on my all time favorites list. Gotta see The Nuge shoot his guitar from across the stage with a flaming arrow too...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I heard "Modern Day Delilah" about a month ago and was impressed as it sounded like their classic older stuff. When Paul Stanleys voice is healthy,they sound better now than they did 30 years ago.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I saw them in 1992 i think the Revenge tour it was great missed them without the make-up but it was still great and the girls they had on stage with them was a plus :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I went and seen them ..oh crap ... back in the early 80s Ted Nugent & KISS in Toronto . was a great show , Not my first choice for a concert TODAY but definatley glad i went ....

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
i saw them twice back a few years ago. had skid row and ted nugent opening for them. the 1st show was cool,then 2 months later they came around and my bro wanted to go so i went with him. same show move for move word for word,and skid row actually had more energy and put on a better show.imo.

the best show i have seen live was guns n roses metallica and faith no more,or was it shinedown,alter bridge,velvet revolver and kid rock? lol but kiss was a good time the 1 st time.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
seen em back in 79/80 not really sure kinda foggy blue oyster cult opened for them one of the best shows Id seen ..

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I seen them in 1974 on there 1st road tour in a small town Peru Indiana at there big circus building and peru is known as circus city.
It was on a sawdust floor and one big wild ass party anything went...
They probably caused ear damage to this day and was almost shocking to watch...
One girl from our school caught one of the band members eye and went roady about 6 weeks until her parents got the cops at a event to arrest her and get her back home:eek:.
The wild and crazy days indeed and these guys are my age still going at it and great as ever...
I had a IH scout with about 10 teens packed in it to go see them ,...what a party..JH

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I saw them years ago and am thinking 1970's?

I was not into them at all but a buddies younger brother was and his father asked him if he would take him to see them. He agreed but only if he could take a few friends with him. I was one of the 4 that got a ticket and went.

I have to say it was a very high energy show and quite entertaining. Never before had I seen a concert like that or anything like that for that matter as it was much more than the music that was the draw. Had a great time. Far cry from Johnny Winter or Neil Young. lol

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
i saw them at the house3 of blues in NO a few years back vaDER. funny as all hell

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Just saw them in Calgary AB. They were unbelievable! It was the best show I've ever seen, hard to believe they are 60. I thought Buckcherry sucked, jmo but the concert was awesome!

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Saw them in 85 great show no makeup, Bruce Kulick and Mark StJohn both fine musicians. W.A.S.P. opened for them great show all around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts