will have kit within 2 weeks
quads a
800bbk
stg2 fst cams
cleaned up ports
upps
36mm carbs with gytr filter
:tup:
Call boon and buy a manometer. They're cheap and easy to use to get you where you need to be.

I can tell you what not to do.:lol::lol::lol: Cuz I did it. Shut up Wapiti:huh::huh::huh:

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Whaaaaaaat:hehe:

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
really easy to set up.

Actually with the 36's the factory instructions will be pretty useless

mount the manifold on the top of the airfilter

you'll have the braided line running from the bottle to the solenoid, from the solenoid you'll have a small 1/8th line to the manifold, you'll have another larger line, like a 1/4 or 3/8ths inch line that runs to the fuel bowl vent from the manifold, in this line, between the manifold and the fuel bowl vent, you need to install a small T, this is to vent the fuel bowls, or they won't fill properly with fuel.
Then you have a relay with 4 prongs, you tie the solenoid and your button into it.

That's pretty much it as far as install. You will need to tune it. a/f meter works best.

You will need to put a small restriction plug into the vent T.....otherwise all the pressure that is meant to pressurize the fuel bowls will just be vented through the T and you won't get the extra fuel you need

here's a picture of my set up, just with 2 manifolds

The black lines run to the solenoid, the clear tubing runs to the fuel bowl vent, you can see the T in the line and it has a small copper restriction cup (the cups should come with the kit)

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
really easy to set up.

Actually with the 36's the factory instructions will be pretty useless

mount the manifold on the top of the airfilter

you'll have the braided line running from the bottle to the solenoid, from the solenoid you'll have a small 1/8th line to the manifold, you'll have another larger line, like a 1/4 or 3/8ths inch line that runs to the fuel bowl vent from the manifold, in this line, between the manifold and the fuel bowl vent, you need to install a small T, this is to vent the fuel bowls, or they won't fill properly with fuel.
Then you have a relay with 4 prongs, you tie the solenoid and your button into it.

That's pretty much it as far as install. You will need to tune it. a/f meter works best.

You will need to put a small restriction plug into the vent T.....otherwise all the pressure that is meant to pressurize the fuel bowls will just be vented through the T and you won't get the extra fuel you need

here's a picture of my set up, just with 2 manifolds

The black lines run to the solenoid, the clear tubing runs to the fuel bowl vent, you can see the T in the line and it has a small copper restriction cup (the cups should come with the kit)
Now you tell me, Dik:lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
40 degrees is ok off the bottle but depending on the size of the shot, you'll want to get the timing down. Honestly, you'll be able to put the stock CDI back in and no worries. In the past, I have run 2 800's with full porting, bigger cams, bigger carbs and it didn't hit the rev limiter.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
This thread is very helpful as I just got my Boonie kit this week and am now in the process of opening the box/reading the instructions.

My first question is what is the purpose of the MANOMETER? I skimmed over the manometer instructions, but I still don't understand what it is used for. I was thinking of putting my quad on a dyno after I install everything in order to check the a/f ratio...if I do that, is this MANOMETER really necessary???

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Happy trails...:)

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Call Boondocker. They were very helpful with that over sized test tube. It's just for a starting point. I'd use an LM-1 to tune.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Like camo said, it's a starting point, and use a A/F meter to monitor and fine tune. Make sure to have you motor at running temp when fine tunning. You don't run the motor when using the menometer. The menometer shows the pressure your delivering to the float bowls, this is how your getting extra fuel while your using the NOS. Water has a consistant weight and the tube is designed to around this, thus when hooked properly, you can monitor the pressure delivered to the float bowls. I think Boon sugjest a 4 to 4.5 as a starting point for atv and motorcycles. You adjust the pressure with the little screw on the nozzel. Some of each nitrous shot is beeing diverted from a little port in the nozzel, this is how your creating pressure to the float bowls, the little screw adjust that diversion amount.

I have been helping Badhear with his, and this is my exsperience with the Boon kit.

Hope this helps you get started.

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
Like camo said, it's a starting point, and use a A/F meter to monitor and fine tune. Make sure to have you motor at running temp when fine tunning. You don't run the motor when using the menometer. The menometer shows the pressure your delivering to the float bowls, this is how your getting extra fuel while your using the NOS. Water has a consistant weight and the tube is designed to around this, thus when hooked properly, you can monitor the pressure delivered to the float bowls. I think Boon sugjest a 4 to 4.5 as a starting point for atv and motorcycles. You adjust the pressure with the little screw on the nozzel. Some of each nitrous shot is beeing diverted from a little port in the nozzel, this is how your creating pressure to the float bowls, the little screw adjust that diversion amount.

I have been helping Badhear with his, and this is my exsperience with the Boon kit.

Hope this helps you get started.
You were helping? I thought you were just there to grab beers and get in the way :lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll skip using the manometer and put it on a Dyno instead.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
How will a Dyno replace the manometer?

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
A/F is all that's important. Make sure you're running good off the nitrous, then tune the Boon manifold so you are around 12.2-12.4 on the bottle... done. You can do this yourself with an LM-1 and a good stretch of road.

·
Registered
956 Posts
nice thread bookmarked!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts