Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be purchasing a Viper elite winch, and was wondering what size to go with. Originally thought of getting a 3000 # (240), but not sure if the Brute has enough output for a 3500 # (268) winch.

What size are you all running, Including warn?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I've got the RT25 on mine and my ride is EFI also

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The output of the charging system has no bearing because every winch over draws what the charging system can put out. Think of your battery.

A 2500 is probably plenty

·
Registered
123 Posts
either one will pull your quad, get used to tying off the back to something when trying to pull someone out. I have a warn 2.5ci on mine If i were to buy again i'd get the warm xt 3.0 for the synthetic line and the remote control thats included.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The output of the charging system has no bearing because every winch over draws what the charging system can put out. Think of your battery.

A 2500 is probably plenty
That is true but larger winches use more power at the same weight pull than the smaller ones, I'm sure that anywhere between 2000 and 3500 #s should work, maybe their isn't enough difference between them to worry about it.
What is better, less pull for longer, or more pull for shorter? (battery)

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a warn 3000 lb . no probs . i have dealt with the syn. rope had alot of probs with it bird nesting could not get it to spool correctly. went back to wire, but everyones different . i just like a good and tight preload

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is true but larger winches use more power at the same weight pull than the smaller ones,
not necessarily

Warn Industries - WARN 25 SERIES: XT25

Warn Industries - WARN 30 SERIES: XT30

it doesn't list the same weights but they are pretty stinking close. Most actually use the same motor it just comes from strength of component and gearing. For the big boy quads 3k is the norm. What would you rather have, too much power to be pulled out or not enough?

Looks like the Warn is the same unless you go up to the 4000# one, the Vipers are quite a bit different from each other. Interesting....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts