Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to find a winch mount or even a winch bumper for my woods bike. Any ideas?

·
Registered
71 Posts
There's 1 on eBay right now for $44.95 + $7.00 shipping!

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Warn sells them direct. Winch Mounting System
When added to the cart the price was 41.99 But they charge shipping.. To me it was costing 54$ Not sure if the price is fixed or changes with zipcode (they ask for your zip though)

The only mounts I see on ebay are 70$? Got a link dirt thug ?? Unless the auction expired alrdy.

Found a link to another company selling them. ATV, Motor Cycle, Power Sports - AllJeep.com

But I've never done business with them and never heard of them. Just goggled WAR69524 part number.. That was the lowest price I saw, don't know what shipping is though.

The mount replaces your bumper for the most part. The stock bumper mounts below the winch mount, almost acting more like a bash plate.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I looked into the wenches a few years ago, and the stock bumper is what they recommend when istalling, unless you want to fab something. I have a stock front bumper if you want it.

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked into the wenches a few years ago, and the stock bumper is what they recommend when istalling, unless you want to fab something. I have a stock front bumper if you want it.
That stock bumper is just so weak. I think I'll buy another aluminum one and fab the mounts.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
The two bottom tabs that the bumper mounts to.. Those will bend/fold over if you hit anything to hard. The winch plate mounts to those lower tabs and then U joints are used around the frame bars.

If you can. Drill a hole through the frame. Then weld a metal tube inside. That way you can thread a bolt through the frame.. You won't get much stronger than that. Your frame will collapse before that winch plate gets torn off.

Trust me, I tried..

·
Registered
209 Posts
welded a 1/4" plate to my bumper for mounting the winch. since the bottom three mounting tabs are weak i also added two up top (welded them to the frame just like the bottom) and added two tabs in the top corners of the bumper and added a support bar for strength between the tabs and the top mounting points.

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know those tabs are weak. I ripped a couple of them off when I wrecked mine. Thanks for the input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts