Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was useing my winch plowing and noticed it wouldnt come up sometimes it would click but would reel up. I have to go down alittle bit the it would reel up. it just started doing it. i mostly use the winch when plowing anyone have a idea?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is your cable getting bound up on the spool? Mine always seems to get bound up on the spool after about a day of using it. I would just hook it to the bumper on my pick up and back up with the brute while I let out cable until it quits catching. Then I re-reel up the cable with tension on the line. I also quit using cable and went to a strap. I picked up a boat winch replacement strap at Wal-mart for $9 and use that now. It's flat and doesn't cut into the fairlead and doesn't wear like a cable or synthetic does.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been having this problem too while plowing. I don't necessarily think it is the spooling thing but could be. I tried re-spooling the cable and I still experienced a few delays in reeling it in. I usually have to let it back out a little and then it works again. Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
It could be a bad spot on your armature or brushes getting bad. If the winch stops in that spot it may not have the power to lift the plow. Try Taking apat the motor and cleaning everything up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
relay

If you are using your winch for plowing and lifting it up and down repeatly you probably have pitted your contacts in your relay (like I did) remove your winch relay pull it apart and clean the contacts with a super fine file I even reversed some of the contacts that were burned with ones that were not no trouble since....also do not raise winch while backing you will tend to bottom out cable and that will burn contacts instead raise winch
(while you watch to make sure it doesnt bottom out) let go of switch then back up hopes this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts