Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a Mule Pro FXT and we are looking at windshields. Was looking at the SuperATV flip up windshield, but I am worried that the locking handles (2) and/or the lip between the upper and lower windshield portions will obstruct the view while driving (my wife is only 5' tall). Does anyone have the SuperATV windshield on their Mule FXT? Is view obstruction a problem for you? Does the SuperATV windshield have a large gap near the roof to let water in? I was also looking at the Kawasaki windshield with the 3 vents (KAF080-001) does any one have one and like it or regret it? I also see that Kawasaki offers a full height windshield that flips up, but it is a few hundred dollars more than the other 2 options. Would love to hear some insight from anyone that has used any of these 3 options, or if there is another windshield that I should be considering?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife is short, does it feel like the clips or where the two windshields come together obstruct view?

Does the windshield bounce alot when it is open all of the way and your are driving?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't think it would be an issue but I'm 6 ft y'all so maybe someone shorter will chime in.

I haven't had any issues with mine bouncing when open. The gas struts are pretty strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the kawasaki model with the 3 vents,
If you leave it on all the time, it's good, but a pita to remove/reinstall.
There's a small "flange clamp" deal that's on the body to hold bottom in place that you have to work it in.

I'd much rather have the 2 piece. I'm in Florida, and with no food down option, I'm forced to remove it in warm/hot weather.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last summer I bought the
SuperATV Heavy Duty Scratch Resistant 3-in-1 Flip Windshield for Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT / FX / DXT / DX (2015+)
No complaints so far - have trailered on highway with it mounted and used in all positions including full speed in the up position.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Myself and a buddy bought 16’ FXT’s new at about the same time. I bought the flip up from SuperATV and he bought the OEM Kawasaki with the sliding vents. After about a month, he sold the OEM one and bought the same flip up windshield I have. If I recall correctly, he wanted the ability to be able to fully raise the windshield. You can also open it just a few inches and lock it in that way.

5 years later and I’m still enjoying my windshield. The handles and the lip where the two pieces meet are down pretty low, probably 3/4 of the way down from the top. I don’t think it will be an obstruction for your wife. Mine is 5’3” and has never mentioned it. I’ve only trailered the Mule twice, each time to the dealer for the recalls. About 15 miles one way, I had the Mule facing forward and the windshield completely close. Granted, I probably never got over 60mph but the windshield did just fine. No problems riding around the farm with it completely open either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife is short, does it feel like the clips or where the two windshields come together obstruct view?

Does the windshield bounce alot when it is open all of the way and your are driving?
Really funny, you asked same question before i purchased mine!! I pretty much put out the same question on this site before i purchased my SuperATV flip up windshield. My wife is 5'2" and has no problem with seeing out, now touching the floorboards with here feet different story! ha

inane2 is on the Money!! Only had mine on a few months in the Cold so no flip up yet, but when i got it i drove around with it up on sum bumpy terrain with a little speed and it flexes a bit cause there is alot of plastic there but never once thought about falling back down. Can not wait for this summer to used the Flip up!

Oh Indiana just hit up SuperATV on this site send him a PM and we will help you out on your Windshield. He is Great guy!

·
Vendor
187 Posts
Hey! I think you're going to love it. Its the best all around option. Fully open, fully closed, or vented for some airflow. She shouldn't have any problem seeing over the lip. Its pretty low. Lower than a half windshield.
Hit me up if you decide to pull the trigger, and I'll get you the forum member discount!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Koplin half folding windshield. I didn't want a full windshield and don't like the models that fold outwards forward - I can see that having problems driving through heavy trees and brush with it open. Personal preference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! I think you're going to love it. Its the best all around option. Fully open, fully closed, or vented for some airflow. She shouldn't have any problem seeing over the lip. Its pretty low. Lower than a half windshield.
Hit me up if you decide to pull the trigger, and I'll get you the forum member discount!

Hi, could you please send me the forum member discount as well?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody have the vented windshield by Spike powersports? I just bought a Ranch model and there is one of the Spike vented models on facebook marketplace for sale in my area. I had the Superatv flip up on RZR trail model and it was great. Just looking for comments on the Spike vented model.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just installed a Spike Vented on my Pro FXT. I had a flip up on my old mule 4010 never used the flip up. I have the Spike unit with two vents on bottom. Very easy to install like it so far. See is heavy duty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts