Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2019 Mule Pro-FXT Ranch Edition, and needing a windshield to stay a little warmer this time of year. It won’t be trailered, so no concerns with that, but in the summer, I will want to flip it up or down, or maybe remove it altogether to get more air. Beyond that, not sure what specs I’d need to consider (material, vents, etc.) and their advantages/disadvantages.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! This is my first ride, and I have lots to learn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have installed a flip up style poly windshield on my buddies mule pro fxt. But I purchased the glass option at the dealer. It has 2 vents up high that seem to bring in a good amount of air. But the best thing is the removal is 4 hand clamps and two small plastic retaining clips. I love my glass windshield. I purchased it at the dealers for about 630.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have installed a flip up style poly windshield on my buddies mule pro fxt. But I purchased the glass option at the dealer. It has 2 vents up high that seem to bring in a good amount of air. But the best thing is the removal is 4 hand clamps and two small plastic retaining clips. I love my glass windshield. I purchased it at the dealers for about 630.
I have the same glass one with the vents on top. Nice in colder weather but not for summer in my area. It does come off easily though. Depends on your budget. The fortress windshield is top of the line but overpriced imo. I think alot go with the Super Atv one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the Kolpin full, tilting windshield. I really like it.

You can remove the top half during the hotter months for more airflow, in increased visibility. 1 man job. The bottom part stays on.

If you have a warm day during the colder months, the top part hinges out to vent air in. Really helps down here in south east Texas, as we get 80F+ days quite often during the winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2019 Mule Pro-FXT Ranch Edition, and needing a windshield to stay a little warmer this time of year. It won’t be trailered, so no concerns with that, but in the summer, I will want to flip it up or down, or maybe remove it altogether to get more air. Beyond that, not sure what specs I’d need to consider (material, vents, etc.) and their advantages/disadvantages.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! This is my first ride, and I have lots to learn.
Bought a pro fxt last summer. The fortress is the way to go, tempered glass and you can drive with it open

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you go to this website and call these people you will be very happy I have used there products on every Kawasaki mule I have every owned since 2001 ,the Kawasaki dealer by us started using them

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
We make a flip up and fold down style. They're both awesome and super convenient for different needs in different weather. Here's a link to both: Mule Pro windshields
Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I can get you a little member discount.
My Neighbor just bought a 2019 Mule MX. Do you make a split windshield for the MX?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yep! Same one! The only sub-model it doesn't really work with is the FX-R model. The rest are all the same.
The Pro MX is narrower than the Pro FX and Pro FXT, and Pro FXR
Any idea why the center of the dash raises up like in this photo https://www.superatv.com/media/catalog/product/cache/53d2165a39bc9ee395c9579f8217724e/k/a/kawasaki_mule_mx_flip_windshield_2.jpg
Mine bowed a little bit when I got it and got worse when I added the heater. I plan on changing how the inferno heater mounts so that doesn't push up on the hood

·
Vendor
163 Posts
The Pro MX is narrower than the Pro FX and Pro FXT, and Pro FXR
Any idea why the center of the dash raises up like in this photo https://www.superatv.com/media/catalog/product/cache/53d2165a39bc9ee395c9579f8217724e/k/a/kawasaki_mule_mx_flip_windshield_2.jpg
Mine bowed a little bit when I got it and got worse when I added the heater. I plan on changing how the inferno heater mounts so that doesn't push up on the hood
Good question. I'm sure its specific to the features your model comes with. Maybe less features in the dash area.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You can see the adhesive velcro has pulled free from the hood in the photo. Mine was like that when I bought it but it wasn't as bad as that picture looks. I don't think there is anything to push the hood up in that area on a stock Pro MX
Here is a dealer photo to compare https://cdp.azureedge.net/products/USA/KA/2019/UTILVEH/USXS/MULE_PRO-MX_EPS_LE/50/FIRECRACKER_RED/2000000028.jpg
If you need a Pro MX product idea, make a winch mount that can mount higher on the front, the stock location is too low and causes rope breakage when raising a snow plow. I know my rope broke at least three times this year and I didn't plow as much as I did last year with the Mule 610 I had then

1 - 18 of 18 Posts