Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Throwing some pics up of my rebuild. All parts are finished being powdercoated just waiting on a arms. . . Refinished the spare motor waiting for other motor from ILR. Current motor is stock with Klemm pipe and 38mm Mikuni powerjet carb. Every bearing and bushing have been replaced. I have come to learn that with any project double your budget and you will be fine. I will throw up more updates as I get time to finish.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Nice, keep us posted

·
Registered
276 Posts
It's looking good. Tell me about the budget, damm. I should my engin back from ILR is another two weeks - a 20 year old bike sure takes some cashola to restore.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alittle bit more progress. Spent most of the last couple of days shoveling snow. I hate snow now:mad:.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Very nice man, You get any powder on the a-arms yet?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still waiting on the arms to come back. Should have the front shocks back from ILR in the next week.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a little more progress. Still waiting on new kfx450 front shocks from ILR revalved.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Clean, looks really good! Congrats.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I would have liked to throw some chrome on it like you are doing but the budget does not allow.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Lookin dam sexy man.

·
Registered
272 Posts
awsome job

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, that's a great build. Where could someone locate one of those K.I.P.S valve emblems like you have? That really sets off that engine. Please keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I actually bought a spare motor that had one on it and bought a cylinder on ebay that had one on it. I have seen them for sale on ebay before and have gone as high as 50 dollars. I glued this on with some strong glue so hopefully it will hold

·
Registered
276 Posts
QQ - where did you get the brake lines?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The front braided lines were on the bike when I bought it. I am assuming like D said that they are off a yfz or something, just cleaned them up. The rear was a brake line on ebay on clearance.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Getting closer. Now waiting on the motor and pipe from ILR.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Awesome, what are you gonna do with the motor and pipe you have there.

You gonna bring it to tecate fest?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am going to keep the motor and the pipe as spares. I would love to go to tecate fest but is just not possible for me. Maybe one of these years it will happen maybe down the road.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts