Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paddle tires really haul in the snow too!!!

These are Maxxis 4Snows...they don't toss up a huge roost like the paddles, instead they shoot it more straight back...unreal how well BOTH kinda of tires work in the snow. We were trail riding in some fairly deep snow that day, and didn't even come close to gettin them stuck. You could stop ON a 2 foot pile of snow, nail it, rock side to side a few times and they just dug right thru. Cool for sure. Anybody else do any winter riding lately?

I shouldn't post this one....Oh well...when in Rome, eh? This is my friend Joe takin my Kawie for a little rip...He liked it!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
NICE!!!!...i just went riding all day on suday in about 1-1.5 feet of snow..that was a blast...then we found cold water...i still think i am cold

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
I went out Friday just dickin' around the neighborhood, trying to stay on the roads. All the snow melted and I really didn't feel like muboggin' in 40 degree temps. Its a mess here. Temps are to drop back down this week and some snow is on the way, thank god. I'm not quite ready for spring yet.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Me and my Poalris 700 buddy and a bunch of Hondas went out sat nite. Left at 9pm and went to a cabin that usually taked 1/2 hr to get to. It took us 3 hrs!! Theres 2-2.5 feet of snow here, little crust on it and all powder underneath. We dropped our tires down to 2 psi and that helped but on any hills there was a lot of pushing. It didn't help that 3 hondas were doubling and had stock tires, they got stuck a lot.
I ended getting put in back since I was having the easiest time they figured I could best deal with it when the trail was all chopped up. With the BF wide open she hauled ass pretty good and I was wishing i had a set of paddles.
There were some sleds at the camp, one guy my friend knew had a Bombardier (Ski-doo) Mach Z 1000cc 2 stroke! NUTZ, 160 hp he said he had it to 120 mph! When he took off across the lake he punched it and walked it on the rear sprocket!

Back to me and my slow BF! We got warmed up and left the camp at 2 am and were home at 430 am!! Better than sleeping though, I had fun even though I had to push and pull me and the other bikes.

On a side note, my buddy used to be king of the pile with his Pol 700 until I got the BF and smoked'em every which way!! So he changes his belt and says " I got a lot more speed now" When we left I let him get 1/4 ahead and then I hit er. Walked up on him in about 1 mile and could have passed anytime. On the way back i hit 107 km/h (67mph i think) with only 2 psi in the tires.

All in all a good nite trip and everyone got home safe! :)

Sorry i don't have any pics :(

·
Registered
533 Posts
i wish it would be winter, than spring..not this cold weather, and then summer temperature stuff! it is playing with my mind!!!!!
i get the quad apart, and then it is beautiful outside, then i am P-Oed! haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts