Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm a relatively new owner getting ready to prep my mule for it's first winter in Northern Maine. Planning on adding Sta-bil to the tank, removing the battery, covering the exhaust pipe, and putting a cover over the whole thing (it is going to be stored outdoors).

Am I missing anything important??

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
Be sure to run it long enough to get that fuel stabilizer all the way to the injectors. I would also make sure the coolant tests for the lowest possible temps.. and put plenty of rodent repellent all around and under it. Use a smart charger or tender on the battery..something that does stop charging when fully charged.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I'm a relatively new owner getting ready to prep my mule for it's first winter in Northern Maine. Planning on adding Sta-bil to the tank, removing the battery, covering the exhaust pipe, and putting a cover over the whole thing (it is going to be stored outdoors).

Am I missing anything important??

Thanks!
I personally don't use sta-bil. I only use star tron or liquid performance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Foxes are natural predators of mice. Buy some fox urine on line and (sparingly) sprinkle some around the appropriate areas of the mule. The stuff really reeks so be sparing. It is guaranteed to keep mice far away. We had mice in our outdoor heat pump unit, and they gnawed through a vital circuit board that had us without heat all winter last year. With fox piss sprinkled around no sign of any mice.

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
Foxes are natural predators of mice. Buy some fox urine on line and (sparingly) sprinkle some around the appropriate areas of the mule. The stuff really reeks so be sparing. It is guaranteed to keep mice far away. We had mice in our outdoor heat pump unit, and they gnawed through a vital circuit board that had us without heat all winter last year. With fox piss sprinkled around no sign of any mice.
We used to use cat box clumps. Just break them up and spread them under the unit. Works for weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts