Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few years on hold I finally started finishing my tecate I bought years ago. I’m about 90% done. I have an uncut wiring harness and an original kill switch, however I don’t have a key switch. My question is how is the wiring supposed to go to make everything work without the key switch. I have the kill switch hooked up, and I have spark, In fact I’ve had it running and it runs really well. My problem is when the kill switch is on “kill engine” it has spark, but when it’s switched off that, it has no spark. So it’s like it’s backwards. I have a wiring diagram and I’ve tried everything and I’ve spent 5 hours or so trying to get this properly wired. I can run but the switch will be off and to kill the engine I can turn it to on, but the OCD in me wants it to be correct, so when I switch it to kill engine, it kills the engine. Just wondering how you guys have wired yours up to work or if anyone has a better solution

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wrong switch. When the kill wire connects to the ground it kills the engine. Use a starter/momentary push button switch for kill switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts