Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to this forum and this is my first post and the why i made an account is because i need your help. I bought led bars to put in the stock light location and want to run them using the stock light switch that has high and low but im unsure what wires do what. There are three wires the go from the switch to each light that are black and yellow, red and yellow, and red and black. Please help me beacise i need to now what wire powers the high beams/ low beams and what ever else the third wire might be. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
one wire is ground, one is for the low beam and one for the high beam.use a volt meter. put the ground lead on a clean part of the frame. turn your lights on low beam.test the wires and see which has voltage. mark that as low beam. turn the switch to high beam, measure the 2 wires you have left mark the one with power as high beam and the only one you have left should be the ground

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks but do you know if it would be safe to run the high beam wire from both headlights into eachother and then into a light bar?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one wire is ground, one is for the low beam and one for the high beam.use a volt meter. put the ground lead on a clean part of the frame. turn your lights on low beam.test the wires and see which has voltage. mark that as low beam. turn the switch to high beam, measure the 2 wires you have left mark the one with power as high beam and the only one you have left should be the ground

Please read my above comment and thanks again. Sorry im new to this site so i just wanted to make sure you saw it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Black - Yellow is your ground (-ve) so connect the -ve wire of your led bar to Black-yellow and the +ve of your led bar to any of the other 2 wires ( red-yellow or red-black ) to make it work on either High beam or low beam :) good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts