Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got into the KFX700 world, moved from a built YFZ450 to an 04 700. I frecking love this thing!!!!!

I has a small problem, at about 35mph it starts to have a little shake in the bars, at WOT its BAD. I've looked at tie rods, rims, bearings and I can't seem to find the cause. Any ideas? thanks!

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
probably a tire, the stock ones will flat spot after sitting awhile

over inflate it and try it

G

·
Sure someone didn't put tire slime in one of the tires? I had one like that for a while, and found out that someone put it in one of my tires when they borrowed it.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Welcome to KR---I know this sounds stupid but check the air pressure to be sure both fronts are equal---Set them at 4 and rears at 4 1/2 just for testing---Also examine the tires for plugs or any deformity---Jack the front up and have someone spin the tires while you watch---Sometimes it is the simple things we over look.

Others who know more will chime in with some tech advice for you.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Even a slightly bent rim can look straight. Like Kenny said, jack it up and check everything out.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
oh and welcome to KR

another Louisianian :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Check your tie rods mine had loose rod ends and did the same thing.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
there are various possibilities

however in my case it was the rims, the original rims are two piece welded together, very sad couz I liked the look of the originals!!
and the center piece is sometimes slightly off!!
thats the conclusion that I we came to, after having the rims on a lather and checking every thing out, incl the hubs!!

changed rims, and it was gone, then went and bend the new rims(front right BAD!!), replaced the bent one, and bent that new one again!!:lol::lol: not so bad this time!!:lol:

when I 1st complained at the dealer the 1st thing they did was change the tyres, 1st the front and then the rears!!

then things got very sticky, and ended up having issues with dealers and the importers!!

eventually sorted it out my self, and it was the rims, still have the original front tyres on the front, although not much thread left on them!!
dealer said I could keep them couz they thought they were the problem after fitting different tyres!!
eventually fitted original tyres back on!!

have read on here of guys inflating the tyres to 1bar, about 14psi, and leaving them out in the sun, that would help if the specific probolem was on the tyre!!
apparently that helps the tyre regain its roundness!!

hope this helps!!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts