Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YEA BABY!

Today Thursday I got my 765 Kit in the mail, Valves, cams, everything! Then on top of it I got my brand new DG3!!! I'm pumped! Talk about a great day! All starts getting installed tomorrow!!! I can't wait!

I feel like im 6 all over again!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the Kit from Four Stroke Tech! Um, You will need to have the cylinder bore rebored to fit the kit. Other than that it has directions. YOU WILL NEED a service manual! What I did is took the motor out myself and had a shop do the rest.

Tim, Take a stab at it!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Trade ye a set a wheelie bars for the first blast test after the breakin HA ....JH

·
Premium Member
9,448 Posts
Steve-O,
How much is the entire 765 kit from FST? Also, are you going to have your heads ported and polished as part of the rebuild and approx. how much is your mechanic going to charge to install the kit for you? I'm trying to get a good idea how much the TOTAL COST is to do a big bore kit. I know that Mike W. spent about $2700 for his and I'm wondering how that compares to your cost. Any thoughts?

Happy trails...:)

·
Premium Member
9,448 Posts
KOD,
I thought someone on the HL forum said that Steve-o is something like 17 years old...is that right Steve-o? But I would have to guess about 19 years old. Ahh to be young again!

Happy trails...:)

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heh, 17 here tim.

Let's see. My cost will be lower because of some helpful people sponsoring me. But Here's what it looks like:

765 Kit- 1040
Motor Assembling/diss Labor- 300
Boring- 150
Oil- 50
HMF PBR Pipe-240
Jets- 30
Port/polish-250

= roughly 2060

Port polish- 250 for BOTH heads BOTH ports, not bad eh?

I talked to Mickey he said with the Carb set up it doesnt NEED to be ported or polished with the bigger motor. It helps though, but i passed. I also removed the motor myself. My total end cost will be around 1550$. (again i had some discounts)
I am also adding on the DG3 Flywheel key, some clutch work, 512 fronts, heat fighting stuff. Different coolant, So with all my goodies i will be hitting 2000.

TAKE THE MOTOR OUT YOURSELF, SAVES TONS OF MONEY AND IT's EASY!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
A father with deep pockets??

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea right woodman! My father thinks that if I want something, I pay for it. So I did! Saved up for a couple of months and bought it. Taking the motor out: Hardest part was getting the plastic off. Other than that it was a breeze. I got a buddy who is Mr. Mechanic, i told him I'll let him ride the 765 if he works on it for/with me. Heh.

But I do pay for all my own stuff!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey Steve thats great, in this day of lazy a$$ punks ur a refreshing change. Nice to see a young man pay his way. keep up the good work <<<<<( has two daughters hence the description) :p

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I agree skooter, Im proud of steve. Im not being sarcastic either Im being honest. It takes will and comitment to pull out an engine and rely on someone elses work for good results. For your age you are doing a lot and it will benifit you later on in life. Keep up the good work Steve.

I also agree that pulling the plastic is a pain. Thats why I checked the valve clearance and installed the muffler wrap while I have mine off now.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah! Good idea tim! Well the shop is rebuilding it with heavier valve springs, so they will adjust it.

Between the Kawi project, work, Board Member of my ATV club, and school, I feel like im bout ready to retire!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hey Steve-o-, no disrespect intended, just have seen alot of kids with nice toys that mom or dad paid for and the kids never even cared. Good to see you with enough interest to spend your own money on what you enjoy. Your headed in the right direction.

Hope I did'nt offend you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts