Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont care what the situation is......

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wow:eek:

While I think the cops tactics were a little over the top, the guy on the atv didn't do atv riders that follow the rules any justice...no helmet, riding on a busy 4 lane, and had no intention of stopping. They must have been chasing him for a while...looks like there were at least 2-3 cops cars.

Unfortunately, ATV's will be in the negative spotlight again.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Look like a clear case of who cares about people.
do something wrong and the police have liscense to kill you.

Cops all over the nation are taking this attitude.
welcome to the new america.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
What is more interesting is they did that to a guy on an ATV but you'll never see them ramming someone on a motorcycle. But either way the guy did get what he deserved.

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
I think the real problem with America is the attitude most people display these days

It seems like most people are walking around with a chip on their shoulder and this massive sense of entitlement

No one wants to work for anything and expects everything in return

People have no respect for anything or anyone most of all police

I respect the police they have one hell of a hard job and if it takes getting a bit rough on people to ensure they go home at the end of their shift to see their families then I am all for it

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Just my opinion, but that guy is an idiot for riding his ATV on a public highway in broad daylight (just asking to get caught) and doing so without a helmet and obviously trying to evade the pursuing police cars.

Regardless of the above, I am upset is to see the police officers total disregard for the ATVer's safety when they intentionally rammed the ATV while knowing the rider had no helmet...that is a recipe for disaster.

Bottom line is that the ATVer should get some serious penalties and so should the officer who chose to ram the ATVer. Both give a bad name to ATVers and police officers everywhere.

Happy trails...:)

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Just my opinion, but that guy is an idiot for riding his ATV on a public highway in broad daylight (just asking to get caught) and doing so without a helmet and obviously trying to evade the pursuing police cars.

Regardless of the above, I am upset is to see the police officers total disregard for the ATVer's safety when they intentionally rammed the ATV while knowing the rider had no helmet...that is a recipe for disaster.

Bottom line is that the ATVer should get some serious penalties and so should the officer who chose to ram the ATVer. Both give a bad name to ATVers and police officers everywhere.

X2 well said Big Mike

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
They would have had a harder time catching me, but only for about 2 miles before it ran out of alky... :lol:

I do not respect the police BTW.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Where was the spike strips?

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts

X2 well said Big Mike

X3 I totally agree

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
yep!! losts of ways of looking at this one!!

yes agree he misbehaved and brought the quading community into a bad light!!

wait I dont live in the USA, yes very true, however when tacking on the quads here, the death and accident rates of the USA is often quoted to illustrate how bad and dangerous quads are!!

police brutality maybe!!

on the other had once some one breaks the law, his rights should fall away!!
however he still was endangering no one else!! or so it appears!!

then again the no helmet issue, he must of felt no pain as no brain no pain!! hence no helmet required!! :D

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
lol what a dumbass got what he deserved. You dont want to get rammed by the cops? Dont run from them. It's not their fault he was being an idiot.

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
yep!! losts of ways of looking at this one!!

yes agree he misbehaved and brought the quading community into a bad light!!

wait I dont live in the USA, yes very true, however when tacking on the quads here, the death and accident rates of the USA is often quoted to illustrate how bad and dangerous quads are!!

police brutality maybe!!

on the other had once some one breaks the law, his rights should fall away!!
however he still was endangering no one else!! or so it appears!!

then again the no helmet issue, he must of felt no pain as no brain no pain!! hence no helmet required!! :D

That is exactly right

That is one of the biggest problems we have in the USA

The damn CRIMINAL have more rights than the victim:mad::mad::mad:

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Dawg,

I totally understand your last point and fully agree with your frustation about criminals seeming to have more rights than victims...however, that is the way the U.S. Constitution is written. The founding fathers decided it was worse to convict an innocent man than it was to let a guilty man go free. Like it or hate it, that is how it is and that won't change without a constitutional amendment (very unlikely, especially in today's political climate).

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
That was AWESOME!!!

A short little video clip with the END of a chase does Nothing to tell the whole story. We have NO Idea what took place up and until the cop car bumped him. What if he had just robbed your 65 year old Grandma, beat the crap out of his Wife or raped a little girl? If any of those were the reason for the chase, would it have been justified? Most likely, he was just some Dumb @ss ******* who has no respect for anyone. If it were me, I would have run over to him afterwards and Tased him just for being such an Idiot. :lol:

I love how Armchair Judges can determine who was right and who was wrong from a short YouTube clip. :D:lol: Either way, if you don't run to begin with, you don't get slapped. :p

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
I believe he should pay for his disrequard of the law--even if the law is wrong.
What I have a problem with it the brutality.
The guy on the atv posed no threat to others--just himself.
The cops could have easily set a spike strip or box the guy in or just wait him out--how far can he go----70 miles tops??
He would run out of gas soon enough.

Instead they decide to attempt to kill or seriously harm him.

BAD FORM INDEED

where is the line drawn???
I`m sure you would be unhappy if brutal force was used on you when you did something stupid.
Like ride your quad down the road.

How many of you deny you have done this?????

I see youtubes with kr members with no helmets,,on the road doing stupid chit all the time.
I`ve done it.other have as well--on video no less.:rolleyes:
wheelies,doughnuts,high speed passes,burnouts.
All on a public road near you.

what is the difference other than he was on a hyw cruisin`

I know--a kr would stop right-???---what if they rammed you before you could stop--or you knew they were gonna beat your azz when they got ya and tried to avoid the beating.
You`d feel differently if you were to be mistreated--even hurt or killed.

Point is--the pd has a responsibility to handle situations with the care.
They handled that as carelessly as they could have.
Had no reguard for the perps life and could have hurt others as well with that stupid stunt!!!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts