Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man this thing is crazy fast. The new company just made it to show what they can do. It is now the fastest production car in the world. Built to go 270+. It has put down 256 and some change already and that was just on the highway. Its kinda funny, This car is PushRod V-8 with twin turbo's. 1183 hp on the first one made. The Bugatti Veyron (2nd fastest now) has a W-16 with quad turbo's and it was drove on a test track to hit 253 or so. The Bugatti cost like 1.2 Million and this SSC Ultimate Aero is priced around 585k! USA=#1 :rock:

Have a Look see of some people playing around in one. [email protected] about 8 sec mark! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
229 mph on a public highway...I wonder how much that speeding ticket would have cost if they got caught? lol

That is one sweet car, but the blow off valve noise was irritating!!!

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont see that car getting caught if someone could drive it :lol: There saying the 2010 models will more then likely make it to 270 mph if they can find enough road:)

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
yea--thats fast alright:)

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
It spun the tires at 150 MPH:huh:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Burnt them off at 150mph :rock: Could you imagine.:eek:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
all that on only 14psi of boost! they can go higher, no power steering or abs either. thats carrol shelby for you!

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
I'm cringing writing this waiting for the stick you lot are going to give me! :D

First off I love American cars, have done for many years, however comparing American and European cars is very difficult as they are predominantly made for different kind of markets, that being said in MY opinion as nice and fast as this car is I don't believe it would live with a Veyron in the real world, in a straight line maybe but in an all round contest I think the Bugatti would clean up, sorry guys, ok let it rip, let me have it :lol:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your faster enough in a straight line then you can go slower in the turn and still be ahead:lol: They actually drag raced the Veyron against the SSC and after 100 mph the SSC would pull a car or so each time they shifted. When they let off the SSC was 7-8 cars ahead easy. Just me but I would much rather have a SSC for 600k rather then a Bugatti for 1.6M! Too many points to look at this from. SSC has the record so far is all I know.

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
If your faster enough in a straight line then you can go slower in the turn and still be ahead:lol: They actually drag raced the Veyron against the SSC and after 100 mph the SSC would pull a car or so each time they shifted. When they let off the SSC was 7-8 cars ahead easy. Just me but I would much rather have a SSC for 600k rather then a Bugatti for 1.6M! Too many points to look at this from. SSC has the record so far is all I know.

:p :D

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:lol: I just think its kinda cool. This is just the start for the company and they make a car to beat the current fastest car and its priced way less. I thought the Bugatti was cool as hell but it should be for 1.6M.

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
The bugatti was just an excercise to show what could be done, not sure of the exact figure but each and every car is sold at a massive loss, I'm sure it was something like $6,000,000 :eek:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah true, What is funny though they thought it would take a W-16 Motor and 4 turbos to break 250mph. When a pushrod V8 with two turbos can do alot more:lol: The Bugatti is a ton better in the luxury department but not worth the extra money I don't think. There are just too many points that can be made one way or the other. Both are sweet and few will actually see either of them in person.

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
A true supercar that will always be classed as up there with the best for many years must be the "Maclaren F1" :cool:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep! Speaking of F1 cars. The Bugatti and the SSC is faster then an Formula one car:lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
all that on only 14psi of boost! they can go higher, no power steering or abs either. thats carrol shelby for you!
Its not Shelby.....

Its shelby super cars. Not related in anyway.

This car beat the veyron in 2007. Like a month after the veyron did its record.

The March 22nd attempt failed to break the record, due to sub-optimal conditions. Test driver Rick Doria reported "wheel-spin" at speeds above 190 mph (310 km/h)

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Yep! Speaking of F1 cars. The Bugatti and the SSC is faster then an Formula one car:lol:
I didn't mean their Formua 1 car Jordan, I meant their F1 supercar, an awesome piece of engineering which is now over 15 years old! :eek:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes I know what you meant, I was just jumping on up to the race cars to give comparison :lol: Something that would prolly beat all of them to 60mph is the Ligenfelter Corvette. 0-60 in 1.9 secs:D

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Yes I know what you meant, I was just jumping on up to the race cars to give comparison :lol: Something that would prolly beat all of them to 60mph is the Ligenfelter Corvette. 0-60 in 1.9 secs:D
Bloody hell :eek: that's fast, I haven't heard of that one

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.