Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went back to my local 300' sand drags today...didn't bring the paddles this time b/c I mainly just wanted to break in the motor on the MX track. So I ran the 25" alltrak tires. I did run a few passes on the drag strip afterwards...best time was around 5.6 seconds. That is 3.5 tenths slower than my normal best time with paddles...I was shocked the tires made that much of a difference! Anyone else notice this much difference?

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
I took my 715 to a 300' paddle track with cheng shins tires, 25" and 22". With 22" I ran 6.0 and 5.2 with 25"...big difference even with the wrong tires. I always wonder how it woulda done with paddles.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow...8 tenths difference is HUGE!

I went back over my timeslips this morning. It now appears that my best time yesterday was 5.55 yesterday with a 60' time of 1.973 and top speed of 54.1 mph. With paddles, my best time on that track was 5.24 with 60' time of 1.83 and top speed of 56.3. Based on these numbers, I think the alltraks were killing my top-speed more than my launch...does that sound right?

Happy trails...:)

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Yep, that seems about right.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
my buddy with his grizzly used to run alltracks at the drags. they are tiny so they fooled him with the speedo into thinking he was faster than the asphalt tires.

he wouldn't listen to me and went and ran slower times he was in the 10's in the 8th vs asphalt tires he was 9.5's

alltrracks are a great handling tire for pitching it sideways. but drags, they suck

John

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
yeah it sounds like a lot of people wish they would have made 26" tires to make up for the small 25s

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, my old alltraks actually measure 23 and 3/4" tall when mounted on my quad...so that obviously hurt my topspeed as compared to my 26" sand blasters.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yeah, my old alltraks actually measure 23 and 3/4" tall when mounted on my quad...so that obviously hurt my topspeed as compared to my 26" sand blasters.
What is the weight of each set?

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
for a 2ply tire the alltracs are heavy.... they are a good traction tire for trail riding and doing pulls but i tried them drag racing too a few years ago and they suck.....

·
Registered
874 Posts
for a 2ply tire the alltracs are heavy.... they are a good traction tire for trail riding and doing pulls but i tried them drag racing too a few years ago and they suck.....
Heavy and short.... Liked mine but they could of used being lighter and taller... Not calling them 25's and measuring only 24".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts