Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k well i just got done doing a really simple rebuild on this 04 KFX 700 i got it all donr put back in no problem i did 11.5to 1 pistons stage one cams its for my girlfriend so nothin crazy for her but onto my problem i got it together and it cranks over just fine it has 135 front and 140 in rear for jetting probably way to lean but thats the least of it it will not start for nothing i have primed it and then it trys to start and floods out it seems like it has a dynatech cdi swithed out for stocker no diffrence i really need some help it is really frustrating so any input would be awesome thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea up to spec with the cam card i just dnt knw what else it could be

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
could you be off with cam sinc, IE 180 degrees off. Its eazy to do.

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
could you be off with cam sinc, IE 180 degrees off. Its eazy to do.
Yeh Dave I made that schoolboy mistake, so easy to do in the excitement of getting it back together :lol: The thing is it still started, didn't miss, and ran as good as stock :eek: :lol::lol: Damn amazed me!

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
cams are swapped, front in the rear and visie versie.....just my guess, easy to do. It will kinda start but that's it

problems after a build a really hard to diagnose over the net. You've taken so much apart and put it all back together....the electrical, the fuel (carbs) and the motor itself. It could be just one thing or even a combination

but I'm guessing the cams :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Hah, not only did I have my cams 180* out a few months back, I rode on them like that for about 4 hours, with no damage, lucky? probably

i think the jager didn't help when I was installing them.. eek:eek:

just take the rocker covers off and check em out. The rear cam has a groove in it behind where the sprocket

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
If the carbs are to lean it will/can cause the engine to not start. Try fatter jets and see if that helps any. Make sure your getting spark, fuel in the carb, and of course fuel to the engine. Check all the simple things first.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
A weak battery will do it too. Mine would crank over fine, but apparently not fast enough. Put a jump start on it and it fire right up after the plugs dryed up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts